At Print-Tech, Inc., we strive to reduce our energy consumption, pollution and waste by establishing efficient and green business practices. Making informed decisions on sustainable materials and processes, allows Print-Tech, Inc., and our customers, to minimize the impact on our environment.
100% of the electricity we use is offset by renewable energy credits, and we are a Partner in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency "EPA Green Power Partnership”. Print-Tech, Inc. is a member of Washtenaw County’s Waste Knot Program and was a charter member of the Great Lakes Printing Project.
Our commitment toward sustainable printing doesn't end with our earth friendly chemicals, and our large selection of FSC Certified & recycled papers. We strive to reduce our carbon footprint in everything we do. Our commitment to the environment is embodied in three core principles: Product, Process and Plant.
Product - Job Design, input materials and use of the finished job are considered for minimal impact to the environment
Process - Choosing the manufacturing process that allows the most efficient use of manufacturing resources — Digital, Offset or Wide Format Ink Jet
Plant - Continually, upgrading our facility for energy efficiency, and waste minimization.
Eco- Friendly Printing Practices
• Offer a large selection of recycled content paper (encouraging recycled paper printing)
• Offer a long list of FSC Certified paper and 100% Post-Consumer Waste paper
• Use of Low Volatile Organic Compounds & Soy Based Inks (reduces damage to the ozone)
• 100% Computer-to-Plate Plates (eliminates the photographic process and its waste stream)
• All spent solvent, inks and oils are recycled
• All cardboard, paper, printing plates, pallets, packing material and toner cartridges are recycled
• Press solutions are alcohol free
• PDF proofs are used when applicable (reduces paper usage for hard copies)
• Printing digitally whenever possible, which saves paper and natural resources
• Providing in-house finishing, distribution, and mailing services, which saves natural resources by avoiding unnecessary transport from our warehouse to a secondary vendor
Eco- Friendly Business Practices
• 100% of the electricity we use is offset by renewable energy credits
• Partner in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency "EPA Green Power Partnership"
• All facility lighting has been upgraded to the new energy efficient florescent bulbs, saving about 50% of our lighting energy use.
• Recycling and reusing paper and other office supplies