Brad Steven - IT/ Digital Production Manager
1. Please describe your background (degree, field of training, related experience).
I graduated from the University of Michigan with a BS in General Studies with a focus in Computer Information Systems. This was before CIS was a degree. I started my career in printing while still in school. A close college friend of mine had started a printing company called Eco Graphics. Eco Graphics was then acquired by Print-Tech which is how I ended up here.
2. What is your role now and how has it changed since you hired in?
When I first started working at Print-Tech in 1996, I ran the Xerox Docutech and had a mostly production-based role. My position has evolved greatly over the years into being the wearer of many hats. Officially, my title is the IT and Digital Production Manager.
3. What is the most satisfying part of your job?
My favorite part of my role is finding solutions to problems which allows me to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. It takes a lot of effort to ensure all the projects we work on are completed on time and I take a lot of pride in that.
4. Outside of work, what activities or hobbies are you passionate about? In other words, where might we find you on the weekends?
When I’m not working, I’m usually spending time with my family or off diving one of the many shipwrecks of the Great Lakes.
5. What’s the top thing on your bucket list?
A trip to Antarctica
6. What’s your favorite recipe to make?
Bone in Prime Rib with Au Gratin potatoes and beef gravy