Linda Parlove - Preproduction Supervisor
1. Please describe your background (degree, field of training, related experience).
I’ve worked in printing/prepress for most of my working career. I started at an insurance company right out of high school and enjoying it ever since. I was lucky enough to get into electronic prepress early on allowing me to obtain the knowledge necessary to train conventional prepress folks to make the transition to electronic prepress. I love the combination of electronic tech, printing, and collaborating with others to learn new efficient ways to process files.
2. What is your role now and how has it changed since you hired in?
I was hired in as the Prepress Supervisor and there have been no changes since my hire date.
3. What is the most satisfying part of your job?
The biggest challenges, and most enjoyment, is learning new software and attacking a difficult project.
4. Outside of work, what activities or hobbies are you passionate about? In other words, where might we find you on the weekends?
Outside of work I spend as much time as I can with my grandchildren, 12 total. When possible, you’ll find us enjoying a day at the lake or just playing outside. I enjoy playing in the dirt nurturing plants, learning my way around a sewing machine, and play with the Livingston County Concert Band as a percussionist.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do outdoors?
I love playing around in the water. I’m definitely a lake gal!
6. What is your road trip must-have?
Some good podcasts and lots of salty snacks.
7. What’s your favorite recipe to make?
Chicken Paprikash – a family favorite
8. What’s the top thing on your bucket list?
Swimming with bioluminescence.