Sue Campbell - Preproduction Technician
1. Please describe your background (degree, field of training, related experience).
I have been I the printing field since 1979, fresh out of the high school print program. I started at a small print shop doing bindery and learned how to run presses. I did this type of work for several years before I started in Book Manufacturing. I worked customer service for several years until the bloom of the electronic prepress process. Wanting to be a pioneer of this new technology, I moved into the newly formed department and grew on the leading edge of that technology.
2. What is your role now and how has it changed since you hired in?
I hold down the 3rd chair in the prepress department, unless I have to venture out to the digital press department to keep that work moving through the process.
3. What is the most satisfying part of your job?
Assisting people, customers and co-workers.
4. Outside of work, what activities or hobbies are you passionate about? In other words, where might we find you on the weekends?
I am very much a summer and lake person, Kayaking, picnics and camping. I have a lawn mowing contest with my neighbor (that he knows nothing about), he usually wins. I also like to paint rocks and leave them on trails or benches for people to find.
5. What’s your favorite recipe to make?
6. What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
I enjoy going on nature walks and looking for painted rocks
7. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
One day I’d like to go to the Hot Air Balloon Jubilee in Albuquerque, NM